Everyone gives off their own vibe I think, so no doubt you'll get judged by other people. I hate to say it but I judge people all the time, sometimes without even noticing it. In the story 'The Grotto' Clara says that she feels like she has this otherness, this thought that she doesn't fit in. She aways thought that she wouldn't be able to connect with anyone else, she only had her mother. She was around other woman but yet she couldn't feel content with that, there was still that otherness to her.
When Clara sees some Egyptian woman in the street looking at her she comments to herself, 'How little they could know of me. Or I of them, for that matter.' She excepts that everyone can see otherness in each other and that's the reason why we judge each other. It's only when you go past that otherness of people and you get to truly learn about them.
Don't worry you can always turn it off
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Otherness
Posted by Garrin at 6:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment