CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Don't worry you can always turn it off

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm Complicated

That's what the evil Dorian Gray said in the movie "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." It's a pretty awesome movie and it's based off of a comic book. I watched it again earlier today on FX, but I've seen it like once before. I just love this one line early in the movie where Gray says those choice words, right after he was riddled with bullets and he attacker asks what is he. Gray was able to come up with quite a bit of remarks like that throughout the movie that always seemed cool to me even though he turned out to be a bad guy. I wish I could come up with snappy remarks like that off the top of my head, but I have to say I'm more like Adah in the book, "The Poisonwood Bible." Adah has a condition called hemiplegia, which means half of her brain doesn't function. Her condition makes it so she can comprehend things she just can't speak. In the book she says "I do not speak as well as I can think."(34) which I think is true for almost anyone.

If you give me time I can come up with tons of things I can use in response to what I heard. Of course no one really has 5 minutes to make a witty come back so thats why I think everyone can think better than they can speak. Take my brother for example he has Dysgraphia, meaning he can comprehend things it just takes him longer to write or graph it.

It's like Gray said we're all complicated its how we act on it that matters.

1 comments:

Kam said...

Garrin, very nice blog. I liked how you changed the background to make your site look more appealing and inviting. That said, I think you could add more visuals that relate to your entries, so it would paint a better picture for us.